Friday, September 18, 2009

She's Here

After being a week overdue, we ended up going to the hospital to be induced and all turned out well. I am happy that my labor was only nine and a half hours opposed to the twenty-three hours it took to get Robbie here. Plus I only had to push for 15 min. opposed to over 2 hours. I was pretty happy with the overall process. Plus my epidural didn't run out this time, so it was a lot less painful. We were pretty worried when Lexie came out with the epidural wrapped around her neck twice and the fact that she was holding it. It was almost like she was strangling herself. Luckily it did not harm her or do any permanent damage other than she was really purple the first few days. I think she looks a lot like Robbie when he was born, so we are curious to see how she turns out as her features develop more. We are just so grateful that she is a pretty mellow baby and that she is healthy and well. Here are her stats in case you are interested: Alexis Jaeden Muse was born on Sept. 14th at 5:54Pm weighing 7.12 ounces and she is 20 inches long.




Fast asleep in her little bassinette.

She wasn't too happy in this picture, can you tell?




Lexie's first sponge bath.



Her look kills me. She makes me laugh with all her funny faces.




I might get a chubby baby this time, I can see her double chin is already forming.



Lexie's first car ride home.
Preparing to leave the hospital on Thursday morning in her first girlie outfit.
Robbie meeting baby Lexie for the first time.
Papa holding Lexie and giving her lots of kisses.

Lexie getting her first check-up and we are so lucky that she is healthy and well.

5 comments:

Amanda and Nick said...

How fun :) She looks so much like Robbie to me! Congrats and I love her name! :)

Jami and Family said...

Congrats to your cute little family! She is beautiful! I hope all is well and that you are adjusting to life with 2 kids!

mary said...

Congrats!!! She is so adorable! She does look a lot like Robby. What a cute family you have :)

Becky Henson said...

Lexi is so adorable! Love seeing her grow. She definitely looks tons like Robby. It will be fun to see how she develops into her own little look.

Haynes Family said...

Congratulations! She is so sweet and adorable! I'm so glad all went well. I have to say I'm a huge fan of her name!